A question I receive often is asking for ideas on how to improve their home’s value. Whether you are remodeling to bring your home up to date or plan on selling, here are a few interesting facts from an article I read and thought you might find useful:
1) A new front door. (Return on investment: 96.6%) Refresh your entryway and impress potential buyers with a new front door. If your current front door is in good condition, consider painting or staining to make it look as good as new.
2) A wooden deck addition. ( Return on on investment: 87.4%) Improve the indoor/outdoor versatility of your home by adding a wooden deck.
3) An attic bedroom. (Return of investment: 84.3%) Bedrooms are a versatile addition to a home. They can serve as a bedroom, a guest room or a home office. An attic bedroom makes use of this often underutilized space and adds value to the home.
I found so many photos of beautiful attic bedrooms! I did not know so many people creatively used the space- genius!
4) A new garage door. (Return of investment: 83.7%) If your garage doors are old or dated, replacing them will add value to your home. If they’re still in good shape, paint them to enhance the look of your home.
5. A minor kitchen remodel. (Return on investment: 82.7%) The kitchen is one of the most popular renovations that homeowners tackle. A minor remodel can update the space and entice potential buyers.
While you may not be able to do anything about your home’s location or age, there are things that you can do to improve its size and condition and add value!
Source U.S. News and World ReportShare on Facebook