Think you know everything about painting? Take this quick test and see how you do! Answers below- no peeking!
1) Which material is the best choice for a drop cloth?
2) True or false?
Never paint over wallpaper.
3) Which paint color is the best to balance the bright light of a large wall mounted TV?
A. Bright yellow
B. Pale green
D. Dark red
4) In order to give a room a tranquil and calm look, which of the following colors should be avoided?
A. Pale green
B. Clean red
D. Light brown
5) True or false?
You can’t paint over dark colors.
6) What’s the most important preexisting feature to take into account when choosing a paint color?
C. Wall coverings
D. All of the above
7) When testing out a color scheme in a room with both natural and artificial lighting, which of the two light sources is more important to consider?
8) True or false?
Painting a sample of a color on a surface is not an effective way to see how well it will work.
9) When applying a typical indoor acrylic paint, on average, what is the recommended time to wait in between coats?
A. 30 minutes
B. 1 hour
C. 4 hours
D. 8 hours
10) What type of paint finish holds up the best to frequent cleaning?
1. A. Canvas
3. B. Pale green
4. B. Clean red (and also other saturated colors like bright green)
5. False; a quality coat of primer and new paint is often enough to hide
6. D. All of the above
9. C. 4 hours
10. C. Satin
10 Correct: The paint has probably already dried – another flawless paint job!
9 Correct: Keep mixing that paint a little bit longer.
8 or Less Correct: Don’t rush off to the store just yet – do some research and study those swatches! Quiz by Michael Juliano.
So how did you do? Comments?
If you need help choosing the perfect paint color for your home, contact me today!Share on Facebook