Looking to update your kitchen quickly and inexpensively? Here are a few quick design ideas that you can do now without draining your bank account!
1. Inspired lighting. Hang a chandelier or funky lighting fixture you love over your kitchen table.
2. Paint. Paint is your best friend when you want to update your kitchen inexpensively. Painting over your old, worn cabinets gives the whole kitchen an instant facelift.
When selecting a kitchen wall color, take all artwork off of the walls and accessories off the counters. Focus first on choosing the best color that works with your countertops, cabinets and flooring.
3. Crown Molding. Use crown molding at the top of cabinets. It will give your kitchen the look of having custom made cabinets.
4. Accesorize! Pretty new personality hardware jewelry to dress up the cabinets (think earrings):
5. Use pretty, colorful fabric wherever you can. Target, Wal-Mart, Pier 1, Christmas Tree Store, Crate & Barrel, Home Goods, etc. all have beautiful selections of table linens. Tablecloths, placemats, napkins, chair pads and runners. Bring in a new colorful rug! Even a couple new kitchen towels will perk up the room.
6. Fresh Flowers! A beautiful vase of flowers will take away all the bad vibes in the room.
7. Add more personality. To add personality to an empty corner, start with a wooden chair. Make it interesting with art arranged above as part of a grouping. Use an accent pillow on the seat that coordinates with your table linens. Better yet, hang a few of your favorite aprons on.
Any other quick, inexpensive ideas you would like to share? Comments?
pinterest (love this)
If you need help updating your kitchen quickly and inexpensively, contact me today.
Other related topics:
Top Advice on Choosing a Kitchen CountertopShare on Facebook